09 Jun Onboarding is your foundation for Employee experience
Onboarding is the process of introducing a new employee with the organization, its policies, the employee’s role in the organization, and the organization’s culture. It also includes creating an environment in which the employee is made comfortable to interact freely with the colleagues and establish social relationships in the workplace.
During the onboarding process, employees are being provided with the in-depth information of their department. They learn the culture of the organization and business objectives by participating in meetings, learn what the organization expects from them in terms of skills, communication style and attitude.
It involves the necessary legal formalities to be done by the employees and equipping them with all the tools they need to do their job well. The success of an employee onboarding process depends on the efficiency and effectiveness of the onboarding program. Quicker the employees are empowered to do their jobs, faster they are likely to become valuable and contributing members of the organization.
The Employee Onboarding goes through the following Process:
- While onboarding the necessary documentation of the employee needs to be completed.
- Providing information to the newly hired employee on company policies and benefits that he is liable for.
- Clarifying the role, helps lead to higher performance.
- Provide the employees with the necessary tools, trainings.
- Introducing the employee to the organizational culture.
- Help forming social connections with colleagues.
Effective onboarding can be a foundation for the employee experience, that maximises the chances of long-term success for both the employee and the employer.
Benefits of Onboarding:
- Onboarding helps in reducing turnover.
- Standardize/Methodize onboarding is a competitive edge.
- Onboarding ensures the workforce compliance since from day one.
- Onboarding provides the new hires with all the necessary information that an employee needs while doing the job.
- It helps to maintain & enrich organizations culture.
- Onboarding keeps the managers Accountable and Accessible.
Onboarding is the time for managers to develop relationships that are grounded in understanding. So the onboarding process is an opportunity to make the first impression count. Creating an onboarding experience that honours the employees, will go a long way leading to maximizing employee satisfaction, productivity, and lifetime at your company.
In order to experience the best onboarding process one can, partner with the best HR outsourcing companies. Apna HR provides you with a simple way to manage onboarding processes for the business. Apna HR assists its clients in digital onboarding of employees which would lead to lessen the workload. It’s a platform that serves start-ups, small size business, mid-sized businesses as well as large organizations with these essential HR services, believes customer satisfaction being the top most level of measuring the service quality.